Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Week 20: My Birthday!!!!

Breakfast with flowers
For my Birthday I went to La Plata to celebrate with Emily and one of the girls (Sofi) that lives with her in the student house.  

I woke up to a Happy Birthday sign that the girls had made for me and fresh facturas (like pastries) from a nearby bakery.  During the afternoon we went to the movies and saw the 3rd Narnia movie.  

Then we made my Birthday cake and a special dinner.  We tried to make the cake similar to Birthday cake in the United States.  They do not have frosting like we have in the US so Emily made homemade frosting...it was yummy!  Then we just spent the night listening and dancing to music.  It was a blast.  

I cannot believe that I am 23 years old!     

Me enjoying my breakfast with my Birthday sign in the background
My Birthday cake!!!
Emily (another YAGM volunteer that lives near me) and Me

1 comment:

  1. I second that the cake was yummy...sugar and cake and dulce de leche...can't go wrong :)

    ReplyDelete